In spite of sell-offs and buy-interests, the Nigerian Exchange (NGX) closed in the green as bulls took control of the situation and raised the overall market.
To close at 54,367.74 points, the All-Share Index (ASI) saw an increase of 0.28%.
The market cap increased by N84 billion to close at N29.612 trillion, while the Year-to-Date (YtD) returns were 5.37%. Since the year’s start, the stock market has increased by 2,772.08 basis points.
- NGX ASI: 54,367.74 points
- Previous ASI: 54,213.09 points
- Percentage Day Change: 0.28%
- Y-T-D: 5.37%
- Market Cap: N29. 612 trillion
- Volume: 191.6 million
- Value: N4.79 billion
- Deals: 4,359
NGX Top ASI losers
- MCNICHOLS down – 8.96% to close at N0.61
- PRESTIGE down – 8.70% to close at N0.42
- FTNCOCOA down – 6.06% to close at N0.31
- JAPAULGOLD down – 5.88% to close at N0.32
NGX Top ASI gainers
- SOVRENINS up + 10.00% to close at N0.33
- LINKASSURE up + 8.89% to close at N0.49
- INTENEGINS up + 8.08% to close at N1.07
- IMG up + 4.55% to close at N8.05
Top 2 by Volume
- GTCO– 50,585,023
- ZENITHBANK– 18,016,793
Top 2 by Value
- GTCO – N1,270,534,883
- AIRTELAFRI– N1,172,014,083
At the completion of today’s session, SOVRENINS led 16 gainers and 16 losers, with MCNICHOLS leading 16 losers.