Professor Akin Abayomi, the Commissioner of Health for Lagos State has revealed that about sixty-six (66) victims of the train-bus clash have been discharged from the hospital.
He made this known in a follow-up report regarding the train-bus clash. 53 patients were discharged on March 10 and March 12 from three hospitals.
The Commissioner further explained that the casualty figure from the accident is six; two at the site of the accident and four at LASUTH.
Recall that a train collided with a passenger bus in Lagos on Thursday 9 March 2023, six persons have so far been reported dead while several others were injured.
84 persons were rescued and rushed to hospitals for medical treatment while no one from the train was reported hurt or dead.
The bus driver was said to have disobeyed traffic signals. This was further confirmed by Lagos State Emergency Management Agency Secretary, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu who disclosed that the bus driver was driving recklessly and tried to beat the train traffic signal.
The bus was a luxurious bus conveying Lagos State staff officials.
A witness speaking to Channels TV said that the bus driver had earlier seen a vehicle pass through the rail track. The bus was still at a distance at the time, so he (the bus driver) decided to follow suit but was not fortunate.